Danielle Alexa - Daydreams, Single and Video Out Now, A Powerful New Voice in Soul, Pop & Hip-Hop Music



Photos: Iconique Music Group

Danielle Alexa - "Daydreams"
Buy at Amazon
Buy at iTunes
Stream on Spotify
Stream on Soundcloud

Danielle Alexa is a 22 year old from San Diego who represents a powerful new voice in soul music. Alexa combines R&B, pop, and hip-hop sensibilities. She counts among her influences icons such as Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Chaka Khan, The Gap Band, and New Edition. Alexa's debut single and video, "Daydreams," has just been released.

“’Daydreams’ was inspired by one of those sleepless nights where your mind drifts off into a surreal no mans land. You get taken along for a ride via your subconscious mind into yesterday’s, today’s, and tomorrow’s events,” states Alexa. “I would seemingly open my eyes only to see shadows and images of a fire dancing woman as I wandered through the urban maze, only to find myself daydreaming.”

One listen to "Daydreams" will tell you everything you need to know.

Watch "Daydreams"

Video directed by Danielle Alexa, music by Danielle Alexa, Guy Eckstine, and Evan Marks

Lyrics by Danielle Alexa:
I can’t hide from it no more
It’s not something to ignore
I will never be the same
Take me back to me someday
I want to see what this could possibly mean
I don’t feel like I used to feel
It’s personal:
Maybe no one understands why I do what I do when I do the things I do
Commit me please!
Having conversations with myself in the middle of the street
Daydreams, daydreams, daydreams
Shadows hover in my room
Faces see me every move
And my rent is overdue
I just long to be amused
I want to see what this could possibly mean
I don’t feel like I used to feel
It’s personal:
Maybe no one understands why I do what I do when I do the things I do
Commit me please!
Having conversations with myself in the middle of the street
Daydreams, daydreams, daydreams
A dark deserted forest in my brain
My doctor gave me meds but I threw them down the drain
Been wanderin’ around, don’t know how many days
I don’t even know if I’m awake
Rapid eye movement in the middle of the day
Spinnin’ round in circles like cirque du soleil
Scene one act 2 my life is like a play
Drama is my thing and so is crazy
I want to see what this could possibly mean
I don’t feel like I used to feel
It’s personal:
Maybe no one understands why I do what I do when I do the things I do
Commit me please!
Having conversations with myself in the middle of the street
Daydreams, daydreams, daydreams


Check out this list of the talent that came together to record "Daydreams." The performances, especially Alexa's smooth and soulful vocals, are exceptional by all concerned.
Alan Okuye - Keyboards, Piano, Hammond Organ (Ricky Lee Jones, Bobby Womack)
Evan Marks - Guitar, Keyboards (Verve Records recording artist, Guitarist, San Diego Symphony)
Allan Phillips - Synth Bass (Donna Summer, Patti Labelle, Brenda Russell)

Jonathan Granoff - Electric and Fretless Bass (Ellis Ashbrook, Underground System)
Katisse Buckingham - Saxophone and Flute (Prince, Dr. Dre, Roy Ayers)
Guy Eckstine - Drums, Drum Programming, Percussion, Keyboards (Herbie Hancock, Chris Botti, Quincy Jones)

The Section Quartet (Kanye West, Christina Aguilera, and Devendra Banhart):
Eric Gorfain- Violin, Daphne Chen- Violin, Leah Katz- Viola, Richard Dodd- Cello


Recorded and Engineered by Celso Estrada
Mixed by Dave Trumfio and Celso Estrada
Recorded and Mixed at Kingsize Soundlabs, Los Angeles, CA
Mastered by Scott Hull at Masterdisk, New York, NY
Additional Recording - Sea View Sound, Del Mar, CA, The Space Palace, New York, NY.
Additional Engineering Evan Marks, Guy Eckstine, Jonathan Granoff
Lyrics by Danielle Alexa
Music by Danielle Alexa, Guy Eckstine, and Evan Marks
Strings Arrangements by Alan Okuye and Guy Eckstine
Rhythm Arrangements by Guy Eckstine
Produced by Guy Eckstine
Management - Iconique Music Group, NYC
Good Things To Come:
Alexa has already recorded her full length debut, title to be announced. It has eleven tracks, co-written by Alexa with the musicians and production staff listed above. Album producer/musician Guy Eckstine checked in with the latest:
"Danielle Alexa's band rehearsals went great in September and they are now ready to perform live shows! Danielle and her 7 piece band will be performing locally in San Diego a few times before the end of the year, and then in 2018 they will be hitting the road nationally bringing her style of R&B/Soul/Funk/Pop to a city near you! Danielle's next single and music video, "Spin In Circles" begins shooting shortly! Support quality live music you'll feel better for it!"
Amen to that.








“I wanted to make an album that reflected the music that I grew up with. Artists like Christina Aguilera, Chaka Khan, Bobby Brown, and The Gap Band all were major influences on my development as a vocalist and songwriter. I am honoring that tradition and at the same time offering something new that hopefully sounds fresh and interesting.”









Watch the EPK


Danielle Alexa's Website
Danielle Alexa's Facebook
Danielle Alexa's Twitter
Danielle Alexa's Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering the Main Point, 1964 - 1981

Cream and Blind Faith at the Spectrum, Philadelphia, 1968 & 1969

And We Danced - Filming the Hooters Video, 7/27/85